We’ve got a fistful of tiles and we’re not afraid to use it. Tonight’s the night to challenge all your drunken pals to see who can put down OXAZEPAM first. Before you head to our four-hour-long, bar-wide scrabble game, here’s the rules:
- Each Happy Hour order gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
- We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
- You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
- Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
- The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!
See you there!
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, October 27, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks