- Malone’s has written in to tell us that in the 15 years (count ’em!) they’ve been in Shanghai, they’ve sold a whopping 750,000 burgers. That’s a lot of meat! Congratulations, Malone’s, from all our deliciously clogged expat hearts.
- Six of the best bartenders in town compete to make the most delicious martinis they can. We’re especially curious about how the Minty Gin Martini and the Fig Martini taste. Mmmm… [Cityweekend]
- Speaking of drinks, Chef/owner of el Willy, Guillermo Trullas Moreno, is trying his hand at mixology at a new place called el Coctel… two floors up from The Shelter. Soft opening is expected to be in late November. [Urbanatomy]
- Tiger makes his fourth appearance in China this week in the HSBC Champions, the newly anointed World Golf Championships event held annually at Sheshan International Golf Club in Shanghai. But there’s a lot of history behind it and it’s worth reading about. [ESPN]
- Aw, how cute. Those Fleet Week U.S. Coast Guard guys are helping out in a joint maritime search-and-rescue exercise in waters off Shanghai. [CCTV]
Photo by sheep sheep