Hey folks, remember our last Shanghaiist Scrabble night? You can win 250RMB of Cotton’s vouchers and the title of Shanghaiist Scrabble champion if you come to the next one we’re hosting: Tuesday, November 24th. Pit your vocab and scrabble strategy against the drinks you’ll be getting in order to compete. It’ll be a cold night, but with the copious amounts of alcohol and Cotton’s warm fireplace (with real fire!), you’ll be sure to feel as cozy as possible on a Tuesday night.
In case you needed a rehash of the rules:
- Each Happy Hour drink now gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
- We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
- You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
- Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
- The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, November 24, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks