Okay, let’s get a few things straight. We love happy hours: you love happy hours. We love Cotton’s: you love Cotton’s. We love Scrabble: you love Scrabble, but probably not as much as we do. If we’re off on any of that, you can take it up with us tonight as we spend the evening combining all three at our very own Shanghaiist Scrabble @ Cotton’s!
As we’ve been graced with beautiful weather today, why don’t you come on down, share a few drinks with us, and try and beat us at our own game of words? Plus, have we mentioned it enough times that you can win 250RMB of Cotton’s vouchers? Better yet, you’ll be crowned the king of Shanghaiist Scrabble champions??
In case you needed a rehash of the rules, click the jump. We’ll see you there?
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, November 24, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks
* Each Happy Hour drink now gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
* We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
* You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
* Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
* The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!