Currently making the rounds on Youku is this music video showing China’s most talked about internet people of 2009 set to Guang Lian’s Fairytale (童话 tong hua – 视频) and what do ya know? The first person featured is none other than the prettiest bus auntie ever. This young lass surprised netizens in September by being a beautiful, youthful girl who happened to be giving out bus tickets in Shanghai. The others:
- Obama girl: The controversial Shanghai Jiaotong university student who was filmed taking off her bright red coat at Obama’s town hall in Shanghai. It was later proved that her boyfriend had paid for her to be there.
- Michael Jackson face boy: A Chinese schoolkid with a face as rubbery as Jim Carrey’s singing along to a Michael Jackson song
- Long legged beauty: This 1.78-meter-tall Beijing track and field student wowed netizens with her luxuriously long legs but caused some to ask “how long is too long?”
- Gong Mi: This Happy Girl contestant allegedly got plastic surgery to look like Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheng, becoming famous instantly despite not really progressing far on the actual show.
- Zeng Yi Ke: Speaking of people who appeared on but didn’t win Happy Girls, this off-key singer was an internet sensation, almost replacing Brother Chun on the top of the list of most talked about androgynous-looking Super Girls. Her terrible singing was so controversial, it caused one judge to quit the show when she made it into the Top 10.
- Pretty bing tang seller: Another Shanghai girl who became famous for being good looking despite doing what netizens considered a menial task. This one sells candied fruits at Jiaotong University.
- Beijing’s handsomest police officer: A traffic cop in Beijing became referred to as the “most handsome traffic police officer” after pictures of him were loaded up on the internet. He was so famous that even People’s Daily saw it fit to interview him.
There you have it, folks! These guys captured the minds and imaginations of netizens, proving how bored the internet really is.