It’s that time of the month again. No, we’re not talking about that time of the month: it’s time for Shanghaiist Scrabble! Luckily, the last Tuesday of this month falls on the 29th during the anticipatory lull between Christmas and New Year’s: it’s the perfect time to reminisce on all the fun we’ve had in the past year, and what better place to do that than in front of Cotton’s cozy fireplace? Come down and share a few drinks with us as we remember all the crazy parties, ridiculous stories, and good times we’ve had in 2009. Plus, if you’re good enough at Scrabble, you just might win 250 RMB worth of Cotton’s drinks!
And if you’re not brimming with excitement already, we’ve got a surprise for you: our Shanghaiist Scrabble board is now magnetic, which means no more drunk fumbling with tape! And with those two-for-one happy hour specials, you should already know what you’re planning to do next Tuesday. Come on, we don’t have to spell it out for you, do we?
Click the jump for more details!
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, December 29, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks
* Each Happy Hour drink now gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
* We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
* You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
* Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
* The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!