Can you believe we’ve had three of these already? We barely can. Nor can we wrap our minds around the fact that this will be the last Shanghaiist Scrabble of the year… nay, the decade! So, if you happen to be around Shanghai tonight, come out and join us for a fun wintry Scrabble match. We’ve got warm drinks, good music, a sweet fireplace, and – of course – a way to exercise that big, big brain of yours one last time before you lose your mind for the end of 2009.
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, December 29, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks
Featuring: Our new magnetic board – yep! This time we’re going tapeless.
Rules after the jump:
* Each Happy Hour drink now gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
* We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
* You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
* Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
* The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!