Wow, talk about a harrowing story: a small boy outside of Beijing punctured his brain by getting a chopstick stuck four inches up his nose. Apparently the tot’s mother let him play with chopsticks while she did the dishes (we hope it was a clean one that got lodged up there). The family drove for ten hours to get treatment at a Beijing hospital: luckily for the tyke, the chopstick was easily removed without massive hemorrhaging.
And luckily for us, CNN somehow obtained footage of the boy in prep for surgery and caught the actual removing of the ‘stick on film. It’s kind of unsettling to watch, but at the same time, it gives us a chance to see what a chopstick would look like in an X-ray.