Photo by Warren Elsmore.
- Londonist marveled at pictures of a LEGO model of St Pancras, before getting busy with their own cameras and shooting rare views from the tops of Tower Bridge and the Cromwell Tower.
- LAist was at anything but a loss for words when two politicians should have chosen theirs more carefully: Ms. Palin and your “snake oil science” and our local “proud racist” we’re talking about you!
- SFist wondered if filmmaker Kevin Smith was too fat to fly.
- Phillyist longed for summer in the midst of two blizzards, and in so doing incited a debate about ice cream toppings.
- DCist rolled its eyes when MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, a Maryland resident, started complaining about D.C.’s response to last week’s historic snowfall.
- Chicagoist had a butchering theme this week. Under pressure from politicians and media, millionaire pawnbroker/Democratic Lieutenant Governor candidate Scott Lee Cohen dropped out of the November general election after his dirty laundry was aired. Meanwhile, one of their food writers was on the scene to see a whole pig broken down in a restaurant kitchen.”.
- Torontoist gets to write about political sex scandals sometimes, too! Namely, that of Adam Giambrone, a leading mayoral candidate—and chair of the city’s transit system—who this week admitted to one “inappropriate” relationship with a woman who wasn’t his partner, then admitted to other ones, and then dropped out of the race.
- Gothamist learned that parts of Times Square will permanently closed to vehicular traffic.
- Seattlest mourned the passing of locally-based Captain Phil Harris of Discovery’s Deadliest Catch.