Chinese New Year has come and gone and despite all the fireworks going off dangerously close to buildings all over the city, the only actual fire (at least, reported fire) was one completely unrelated to celebrations – a recycling center was set aflame on Sunday, killing six people and injuring eight. Investigations found that it did not have a license to store flammable chemical substances, and the fire was triggered by an explosion of chemical containers during the waste treatment process. The city is now checking potential safety problems at businesses, with Mayor Han Zheng stating that for each severe accident, there could be 300 mild accidents, 300 accidents that failed to happen and 1,000 potential safety problems. Officials are aiming to have all businesses across Shanghai safe by March 1. Hmmm. Good luck with that.