Photo by Stuart Axe.
- Londonist found photos of the day the space shuttle came to London, and took a special trip on the city’s new Tube line, getting a video from inside the driver’s cab.
- Phillyist nominated yet another asshole of the week, and not without controversy.
- Chicagoist ran a special video series, “Detailed,” in which they explored four examples of local, self-employed artisans: The Chef, The Carpenter, The Bookbinder, and The Technician.
- LAist was shaken up by a 4.4 earthquake at 4:04 Tuesday morning, and by talk that the San Diego “runaway Prius” was maybe a hoax.
- Torontoist, following in Londonist’s footsteps, figured out their city’s exact geographic center. With science!
- Gothamist’s commenters think a NJ woman’s fantasy to become 1,000 pounds is, well, kind of insane.
- SFist was shocked and delighted to hear that Orly Taitz, queen of the birther movement, has decided to run for the Republican Party’s nomination for California’s Secretary of State.
- Bostonist contemplated 1,001 beers.