Credit: Martha Cooper for Gothamist
- Gothamist was surprised, but not really that surprised, when the NYPD removed dozens of bikes—without warning—along President Obama’s motorcade route. The damaged bikes are ready for their owners to pick them up tomorrow.
- Chicagoist marveled at local comic-book artist Chris Ware’s rejected cover for Fortune magazine.
- Phillyist recommends that, if you’re running the legendary Penn Relays, you refrain from dining on escolar the evening before.
- Torontoist got the first look at a new repertory theater opening in their city, the Toronto Underground Cinema.
- Londonist was flooded with nominations for best London film and relished a few more amazing days of clear blue skies thanks to the Icelandic ‘cat-ash-trophe’.
- Shanghaiist was floored by Chinese pianist Lang Lang’s performance of “Flight of the Bumblebee” on his iPad.
- Bostonist learned about Owen Pallett’s chin-up fantasies.
- LAist talked with Unique LA founder Sonja Rasula about the importance of buying local, handmade goods and how her wildly successful shopping event came to be.
- SFist welcomed new Banksy artwork to the neighborhood.