This is an advertisement. Disney is looking for experienced individuals to instruct children aged 2-9 at Disney English Language Learning Centers in Shanghai. Trainers will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience. The English Language Trainer reports to the Language Learning Director (LLD) in the Disney English Language Learning Center.
- Become proficient in delivering the Disney English interactive content and comprehensive classroom/home delivery of Disney English including the “on-line” parent portal.
- Use scripted printed materials, multimedia and a variety of audio-visual aids. There is emphasis on dialogue, story-telling, singing and role-playing, but more formal exercises, language games and literature are also used.
- Work with local Assistant Trainers to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled.
- Prepare lessons, realia, print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each class.
- Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
- Participate in outside of classroom academic, marketing and Center social events as needed.
- Collect audio & visual portfolio evidence of language learner work during lessons.
- Provide private lessons to young language learners as required due to learner absences or for students that are falling behind the class.
- Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and keep close oversight on all learner records.
- Interact with both parents and young language learners in a way that makes language learning fun, engaging and educational.
- With local Assistant Trainers, maintain strong communication with parents as to their children’s progress by means of the Teacher/Parent portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls and parent/teacher conferences.
- Bachelors degree in Education required; advanced degrees preferred
- Experience teaching to children (preferably ESL or EFL)
- Candidates should be natives of North America or have a similar native dialect
- Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification preferred
- Creativity and excitement to bring a unique personality to the Disney English classroom including talents in music, art, and performing arts