Hey guys! Looking for something to do? Come tonight to Cotton’s Xinhua to play scrabble with us! The weather may be frightful, but inside Cotton’s it’s delightful! Plus, we’ll be playing a newly compiled setlist of the best indie rock songs from 2010 (in case you wanted to check out The National or Titus Andronicus’ new albums).
And with our monthly reminder of our scrabble night, our monthly reminder of the rules:
- Each Happy Hour drink gets you five tiles. You can wait until you’ve got a couple orders under your belt – heck, we’re not putting a limit on how many tiles you can come up to the board with – but just know that someone might take that triple word score from you if you wait too long.
- We’ll be using the SOWPODS dictionary. If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry too much about it.
- You can come up to the board as many times as you like between 6pm and 10pm. But you can’t make words consecutively, you’ll have to wait until at least one other person has tried first.
- Team up if you want. We don’t have a limit for how many friends you can beg for scrabble tiles, though that 250RMB voucher gets significantly smaller the more people you rope in.
- The person (or team) with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Happy Hour wins!
What: Shanghaiist Scrabble Happy Hour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, November 24, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks