Opponents of Arizona’s immigration law SB 1070 protest in Phoenix (AP Photo/Matt York)
- LAist explored the issue of immigration reform and deportations–and the fact that California is home to one quarter of the nation’s illegal immigrant population.
- Torontoist invited readers to come up with a new slogan for their city.
- Chicagoist stepped back into yesteryear and then stepped into Chef Rick Bayless’s garden.
- SFist visited Dore Alley, the city’s annual hardcore fetish street fair.
- Londonist traveled back in time a century to discover that their city was bombed
from giant airships. Back on terra firma, they gave London’s new cycle hire bikes a spin.
- Seattlest toasted a legendary local mixologist for bringing home “best bartender in America” honors from the Tales of the Cocktail festival in New Orleans.
- DCist spent its week watching the city clean up from a massive thunderstorm. (But no power outage was going to stop this guy from making sure we all heard his thoughts on the Washington Post’s editorial board.)
- Gothamist found out that a judge feels wearing saggy pants is not a crime (though it may be foolish). Shockingly, Mayor Bloomberg, who has proscribed how New Yorkers should eat, drink and inhale, agrees!