(Photo by James Calder // www.jamescalder.com)
- DCist had a busy week: they provided up-to-the-minute information on a gunman who held hostages at the Discovery Communications building in Silver Spring, recapped the Restoring Honor rally in photographs and liveblogged a high-profile debate between the city’s two leading candidates for mayor.
- Philyist had a busy week, first celebrating its relaunch, complete with new look, and then finding a way to make 90210 Day relevant.
- LAist wondered if the Senator and the Sheriff’s stand against legalizing marijuana is just “rhetoric” that will be tested if–when?–the voters pass the measure making pot legal in the November election.
- Seattlest got down with the musical stylings of local acts, big names, comedy, film and more at Bumbershoot.
- Gothamist was both horrified and amused by the fight that broke out in the stands of the U.S. Open between a 27-year-old man and a middle-aged woman and her 75-year-old father. They are all now banned from the Open for through 2012 and have filed civil harassment charges against each other.
- SFist didn’t think Obama looked like a “wuss” wearing a bike helmet.
- Chicagoist gave its readers a behind the scenes tour of how Jelly Belly jelly beans are made.
- Londonist heard how Tony Blair almost ordered a passenger jet to be shot down over London in the aftermath of 9/11, while one of the current Prime Minister’s Twitter accounts has been restricted after bending the rules.