Chinese men have it tough: From overpowering family pressures to competition at work, there’s tons of things depressing you and shortening your lifespan. Bad news fellas, here’s another one to top your list:you have a lot of sex, but it’s mostly unhappy sex.
An investigative report was released on Saturday highlighting the sexual happiness index of 32,652 Chinese men. Key findings of the report state that Chinese men have more sex than Westerners, but that only a mere 0.5 percent are satisfied with their sex life. In contrast, a depressing 36% noted feeling dissatisfied, with another 40% enjoying satisfactory sex at times.
“Chinese couples have very little sexual knowledge and few skills, and that they refuse to communicate with each other when they feel disharmony in their sex lives,” said Jia Jianchen, 27, who works for a Beijing advertising company.
Another culprit of having an awful sex life also happens to be employment (surprise, surprise!), with the pressures of work insidiously making their way into the bedroom. One other notion concentrated on the physicality of the interviewees, as 75 percent of the interviewed said they had no time for sports.
For those in the minuscule 0.5 percent: congratulations and get a job. For those in the other miserable 99.5 percent, perhaps a little extra help might be in order to rekindle that old flame in your life?