To the delight of females, young and old, Daniel Wu showed up Monday night to lend some celebrity sparkle to the L2 show. The actor, who is the face of the brand, stood on the faux grass lawn created on the catwalk and spoke for a few minutes about the brand with a gushy MC.
What followed was a relatively forgettable (it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good either) collection of mens casual–yawn-inducing preppy and resort wear and the like. Though it was an anticlimactic close design-wise for Spring-Summer 2011, that ladies and gentlemen is it.
A quick recap of went on at the shows:
- Uma Wang started the week off strongly with a neutral color scheme and some elaborate back draping.
- And the other Wang experimented with an over the top revolution.
- La Vie reinterpreted the 30s and 40s for the contemporary woman.
- The Swedish kids kept it looking urban and cool.
- Leave it to the Dutch to give us some of the best (and most outrageous) designs.
- And Ji Wenbo brought forth an army of futuristic, imperial warriors.