This is an advertisement. Our wonderful sponsors help keep stories on our website and food on our plates. Let’s give them some love, shall we?
- ShanghaiPRIDE: ShanghaiPRIDE is the first and only gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender pride season in mainland China. Events run through Nov. 6. Learn more here.
- Hunan House: Read our review of this restaurant and lounge that serves authentic Hunan cuisine in a stylish French Concession lane house. Hunan native Cotton Ding (of Cotton’s fame) strikes again.
- Boxing Cat Brewery: Shanghai’s best brewhouse now has three fantastic locations to choose from. Check out their website for details.
- Cantina Agave: Shanghai’s most popular Mexican restaurant and tequila bar can be found online here.
- Freedur: Trouble getting around China’s Great Firewall? Sounds like you need a VPN.
- Cotton’s: Grand dame of the Shanghai drinks-in-the-garden scene, with beautiful old houses on Anting Lu and Xinhua Lu, site of our monthly Shanghaiist Scrabble nights. Visit Cotton’s online here.
- Osteria: This authentic Italian eatery on cozy Jinxian Lu offers lunch sets starting at RMB 88 — two courses and one drink — from 11 am to 3 pm. Visit their website here.
- The Alchemist: We can’t wait to check out this “molecular bar” from Kelley Lee and Co. when the Sinan Mansions opens this fall!