SF Giants fans get all pryo-y (AP)
- SFist celebrated the Giants’ first World Series win (in San Francisco) with a parade and by setting things on fire.
- Chicagoist analyzed the GOP’s success in Illinois on Election Night and had some fun with the beer summit of Senator-elect Mark Kirk and his opponent, Alexi Giannoulias.
- Londonist applauded a government investment to turn East London into the new Silicon Valley, which will be helped by a futuristic cable car over the River Thames.
- DCist wrapped up its Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear coverage with two enormous photo galleries.
- Phillyist wondered just how desperate the 76ers marketing office really is.
- Bostonist loves caffeine and booze–how else could we get through elections season–but maybe not together at the same time.
- Seattlest tells a college football fairy tale and wonders if it was our Senate race, our mail-in ballot system or the free vibrators that inspired our whopping 71 percent voter turnout.
- LAist broke the big news that the site was undergoing an exciting regime change.
- Gothamist entered the 21st century by voting with electronic voting machines. If only the print weren’t TOO DAMN SMALL.