Flickr user Ross Guthrie
- Chicagoist was proud to call Illinois home after both houses in the state legislature voted to recognize civil unions for same-sex couples, making Illinois the sixth state to do so once Gov. Pat Quinn signs the bill into law next year.
- DCist wasn’t sure what to be more shocked by: a Loudoun County official’s assertion that TSA pat downs are part of a “homosexual agenda,” or the Washington Times editorial which overtly suggested killing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
- Bostonist sits down with Rob Schneider, Jay Leno sits down with Mitt Romney, the city council unseats a councilman, and Sen. Scott Brown tells us to stop sitting around and get a job.
- Gothamist got a look at the camera installed in a NYU professor’s head.
- Seattlest extended its condolences to Chicagoist on the death of Cubs broadcaster/fixture (and Seattle native) Ron Santo, ruminated on the Jewish influence on our local fashion community and offered up a reminder on how to not be an utter boor when attending holiday cultural events.
- LAist went beyond the tights and tutus with a killer profile of Rodarte’s costume design for Black Swan.
- SFist followed where the state’s continuing High-Speed Rail drama.
- Phillyist commenced its annual countdown to the new year by commenting on the five stupidest Philly-related sports stories of the year.