View from atop a condemned tenement building at the crossing of Zixia Lu and Miezhu Lu by Katya Knyazeva
News you must read today:
- “Criticism needed in a rising China” — opinion piece submitted to, and rejected by, the Global Times.
- Ashes of fearless investigative journalist Liu Binyan (刘宾雁) silently transported back to China.
- The online arm of Liu’s former employer, People’s Daily is planning an IPO valued at $120 million.
- Construction of Disneyland Shanghai may begin as early as May.
- China’s police wear “colourful clothes to help image“.
- “Walmart China” — funny political cartoon by Jeff Danziger on Huffington Post.