Burning trash at Yuyuan. From dbmboise.
Top stories this week:
- We were shocked to discover that anal rape isn’t against the law in China.
- We tried recruiting sperm donors for the Shanghai Sperm Bank.
- We unearthed an alleged list of banned SMS terms from China Mobile and co.
- We celebrated the setting up of a national marriage database that will make things difficult for adulterers.
- We mourned the closure of Southern Barbarian Pudong and Azul.
- We found high speed rail sleepers from Shanghai to Chengdu to be inexplicably luxurious and expensive.
- We scoffed at Chongqing Satellite TV’s move to replace prime-time dramas with commie propaganda.
- We wondered if US ambassador to China Jon Huntsman will make a 2012 presidential bid.
- We celebrated the opening of Shanghai’s first capsule hotel.