Just another lovely day in Shanghai. View from the Shanghai World Financial Center by Benjamin Rosamond.
News you must read today:
- DangDang CEO Li Guoqing explodes at Morgan Stanley in a profanity-laced tirade on Sina Weibo.
- Interview with Jakob Montrasio, director of Shangdown, a spaghetti western kungfu-action film shot here.
- The recent census finds 23 million people in Shanghai — or was it 21 million?
- Health of jailed Chinese AIDS activist Hu Jia’s health deteriorating badly, according to his wife.
- Car-pooling is currently illegal, but this may change soon.
- Full, unedited transcript of written answers from President Hu Jintao to questions from the WaPo.
- GE to build at least 50 power generators in China, leading some to wonder if it’s selling out US interests.