Photo by Sue Anne Tay.
News you should read today:
- Carrefour and Walmart are facing fines of up to RMB500,000 for their sneaky pricing — why haven’t Chinese hypermarts been caught doing the same?
- Is China taking over Hollywood?
- 30 provinces raise their minimum wage.
- Interesting interview with Howard French, NYT’s former Shanghai bureau chief, on how the US media covered President Hu’s recent US trip.
- Attendees at the World Economic Forum in Davos ask: Is China still an emerging economy?
- The State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA) wants more house churches registered this year.