Photo by Courtney Tight.
Here, Shanghai, were your favourite stories for the month of January 2011:
- We were terrorised by a “Tiger Mom” called Amy Chua.
- We looked into the future of Tianjin.
- We were surprised by this alleged list of banned SMS terms from China Mobile and co.
- We took a peek inside Beijing’s oldest bathhouse
- We sighed at the demolition of Ai Weiwei’s Shanghai studio
- We were put off by the exorbitantly priced high speed rail sleepers from Shanghai to Chengdu.
- We gawked at hunky Chinese army men in winter training.
- We saw China taking over NYC’s Times Square as President Hu visited the US of A.
- We were shocked to discover that anal rape isn’t against the law in China.
- We tried recruiting sperm donors for the Shanghai Sperm Bank.
- We were excited about Shanghai’s first capsule hotel, but that didn’t last too long.
- We weren’t very amused by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Donald Trump.
- We promised to never complain about the cold again after seeing these pictures.
- We talked all about Shanghai girls.