Photo by Bill Greyskull
The best stories over the last seven days:
- We all watched Chinese online reaction to unrest in Egypt and the reactions of some Egyptians and Tunisians in China.
- We were encouraged by the power of microblogging this week, whether it be used to find love or to help parents find lost children.
- Rumors that have been circulating for a while now were finally confirmed when US China ambassador Jon Hunstman officially announced his resignation with plans to run for president in 2012.
- Happy Chinese New Year! If you like space acrobats, fish magic, opera babies or forehead tattoos, don’t miss our New Year’s Gala Liveblog! (Bonus pictures here and here.)
- Beijing TV’s gala was also a must-see.
- Amid the celebrations, we worried about fire safety after a hotel burned down in Shenyang.
- Wikileaks told us about a super secret space war between the US and China!