God, Valentine’s day….a look at the all options for dinner makes our heads spin. But there’s no denying that restaurants are pulling out all the stops (we’d even suggest grabbing a friend to go if only for the special deals) so we’ve done all the hard work for you and picked out the most interesting, best-value dinners around town. And don’t forget, if you don’t feel like a sit-down fancy meal, there’s always our Vday bash that’s happening this Saturday!
Under 500RMB per person
- Bali Bistro’s offering is an amazing deal: Seven courses and free flow house wine and beer for 288RMB per couple. You won’t have to worry about your date being a bore either because they’ve got a live performance and lucky draws throughout the night and you can even go as a double date (group of four) for 528RMB.
- Chef Hugo Rodríguez at Casa 13 is preparing a special Mediterranean menu of pan-fried scallops, duck magret, paella, antipasti for 398RMB per couple. It also comes with a complimentary bottle of wine.
- Barbarossa’s four-course set features creamy crab meat and corn soup, four Moroccan dips, chicken spring rolls, smoked salmon on potato rosti, a miso glazed black cod or chicken chasseur and tiramisu. 698RMB per couple.
- The Alchemist has an exquisite four-course dinner. We’re eyeing the “sous vide farm egg with Jerusalem artichoke soup, truffle puree, crispy croutons and Iberico ham” and the “raised beef agnolotti with beef and beetroot consomme with sage and caraway foam”. For your last course, you have a choice of dessert or a cheese platter. 300RMB per person, 500RMB with cocktail pairings.
500-800RMB per person
- T8 Chef Adam Liston is giving diners six courses followed by a small bottle of Tarlant Champagne and chocolate dessert. T8’s also celebrating its 10th anniversary so all couples are automatically entered into a lucky draw with a chance to win a trip to Bangkok. 688RMB per person, 888RMB with wine pairings.
- The Stage in the Westin Bund Center will be entertaining with foie gras, caviar, beef carpaccio, seafood, teppanyaki and handmade Valentine’s Day chocolates and desserts. Free flow of Veuve Clicquot and promised live entertainment. 598RMB + 15% per person.
- Cachet at The Langham Xintiandi has a dinner of fresh strawberries, seafood appetizer and your selections from their live cooking stations. Followed up with a dessert of pink chocolate filled with praline and rasberry coulis and a glass of Laurent Perrier Champagne. 588RMB per person.
Over 800RMB per person
- Former Avalon Chef Hilary Ambrose is cooking up a 10-course tasting menu at MOCA in the Park for 888RMB per couple. If that’s a bit steep, early birds can come in between 5:30-7pm and get a smaller four-course meal for 328RMB. Each set includes a glass of Rumball sparkling wine.
- Ambrosia Japanese Restaurant is offering two deals: An eight-course surf and turf yakiniku set dinner for 1588RMB per couple or a nine-course lobster and Kobe steak teppanyaki set dinner for 1688RMB per couple. If you’re one of the first thirty bookings, you’ll also be receiving a mysterious “special gift.”