A few links to start off your day:
- Blind Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng has reportedly been “beaten senseless” after videos appeared on Youtube in which he said he has been released from prison but remains under house arrest and constant surveillance. The above video is the first part of a video leaked out to US-based human rights group ChinaAid. See other four parts here.
- A Taiwanese general, reportedly lured by sex and money offered by a female Chinese agent, has been detained in what could be the island’s biggest espionage case in 50 years.
- In an unprecedented move, a professor from Xi’an Jiaotong University and his team have been stripped from their State Science and Technology Award given in 2005 for plagiarised material and fabricated data.
- A 24 year old man from Chongqing has been detained for killing his 9 month old son by repeatedly bashing him against the rocks because he wouldn’t stop crying.
- A man in Nanjing poured gasoline in an apartment and started a fire after a property dispute at a family gathering on the first day of CNY. Read the nightmare of a story here.