From Wiki Commons
A piece of good news on the architectural preservation front: Trinity Cathedral (featured in J.G. Ballard’s Empire of the Sun) is finally reopening, according to a nice feature on the LA Times. The church was supposed to have finished renovation before Expo, but unfortunately wasn’t able to make the deadline. We’re excited to check it out.
More after the jump:
- Urbanatomy discusses the history of nearby beach town Weihai, which is seeing a resurgence in popularity.
- City Weekend tells us of a way to make the internet faster – though it depends a lot on China Telecom being friendly so…
- CNN Go takes us through a tour of various hidden Shanghai waterways. Nice to know there’s some places you can still go fishing!
- You know which venues suck the worst at enforcing the smoking ban in the city? Net cafes.
- New home sales have rebounded in Shanghai, jumping 48.3% from a week earlier. This is despite all the attempts to curb the market.
- Shanghai VIVE has some really great marketers, it seems. Here the make up brand is again being featured for being Chinese but super expensive!