One of the perks of the job: Washburn hanging out with Aziz Ansari & Haibao
All the top stories from the last seven days:
- We said goodbye to Shanghaiist founding editor Dan Washburn.
- We announced Shanghaiist is getting a makeover! We’ll be following Gothamist’s new redesign. Take a look, and please leave us your thoughts!
- We showed you pictures of one university covered in bedding, and another covered job applicants.
- We also looked at the largest museum in the world (now in Beijing) and forest fires in Lijiang.
- We watched a 2-year-old smoking (again) and the world’s most inept bank robber take to attacking bulletproof glass with a hatchet.
- We got our first (blurry) glimpse of Shanghai Disneyland! Spoiler alert: it looks a lot like Disneyland.
- We found out the world’s most typical face is a Han Chinese male.
- Li Yinhe’s has five planned proposals for the two sessions this week, involving legalizing gay marriage and prostitution, among other things. We showed you Li Tie’s (editor of Times Weekly) response on Netease to the proposals, namely, same-sex marriage could lead to bestiality.