Photo by dbmboise.
- China sends 15-member rescue team to Japan despite having to deal with the aftermath of a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in Yingjiang, Yunnan which has displaced 53,000 people.
- Conflicting news about how many Chinese people have been affected in the quake. The Foreign Ministry says there are no Chinese casualties but a Shandong manpower agency says 40 trainees are unaccounted for.
- Reuters: Japan’s hour of need prompts show of Chinese goodwill.
- WaPo: China sets aside disputes, offers help
- The Atlantic: In Japanese Quake Disaster, a Chinese Opportunity
- Bloomberg: China May Consider Japan Nuclear Accident in Drafting Future Energy Plans
- PTI: China keeping close eye on Japan’s N-reactor’s radiation leaks
- Xinhua: China’s tourism authorities remind tourists of aftershocks in Japan