Photo by Sky Shanghai // from Shanghaiist Flickr Pool
- The urban landscape in Shanghai has been changing at a rapid pace in the past few years. In Hongkou, 1940’s factories are being bulldozed to make way for new developments.
- Atmosphere at the newly refurbished Yuyintang was recently electric when Beijing rock band, Hedgehog played their old and new songs to an energetic crowd.
- Local Shanghai barbers are trying to keep up as real estate and costs of servicing the public rise across the city. To combat this some are spending 800 RMB each year to learn the newest trends.
- Chinese labor market is now faced with a crisis, as factories are losing skilled workers after a few months. This epidemic has put extreme pressure on corporations who are now looking for qualified personnel to take up the slack.
- What can you do in Shanghai for under 150 RMB? How about Dragon Boats racing in Qingpu or learning Parkour in the park? Shanghai has six cheap activities that will get your blood pumping.
By Bo Hershey