Inside the Xujiahui Cathedral, by Arnd Dewald.
A few links to start off your day:
- Blogger and professional rally driver Han Han is going to write a new monthly column for the NYT.
- A new airport capable of handling a whopping 80 million passengers each year will be built in Beijing.
- Owners of vineyards and chateaux in Bordeaux, France are looking to Chinese investors to rescue them out of them economic doldrums.
- Melissa Chan has a new report on Gmail, malware and Beijing-based criminal operatives.
- Prices of key fast-moving consumer goods such as soap, washing powder and shampoo are set to go up by 5-15% from April, the fastest rise in three years.
- The iPad2 is set to launch in Hong Kong in April, but no dates have been announced yet for mainland China. Ironic much for a gadget that’s actually produced here?