Photo by Fraser Smith.
- Are you sick and tired of the crappy internet? You may have to live with that for another six weeks before ocean cables near Japan are fully repaired.
- Hotels and supermarkets in Shanghai are either totally stopping or cutting back on food imports from Japan. No surprises there.
- An American couple who adopted a boy in Shanghai are now looking for his biological parents. The boy was lost at the age of five and believes he’s a Sichuan native, though he cannot recall where in the province he is from.
- An associate professor at Fudan University has been ordered to pay RMB18,000 to another associate professor at Shanghai University for plagiarising her work.
- A pair of ring-tailed lemurs were “married” at the Shanghai Wildlife Park yesterday.
- A needy retiree from Kashgar, Xinjiang has received free heart surgery in Shanghai as part of a programme to help the poor from the region.