Photo by ranmachen.
A few links to start off your day:
- China Daily fact-checks Obama’s recent Libya speech -_-
- Arts impresario Ai Weiwei plans to spend more time in Berlin, citing increasing pressure on him and his staff in his Beijing studio.
- Lenovo has launched its own Android-powered tablet LePad at a Chinese-media only event.
- Who buys Guccis and Omegas in China? It’s not just the billionaires, says Shaun Rein.
- Competition in Chinese schools is intense and both students and parents are exhausted and stressed out.
- Fairfax China correspondent John Garnaut tells us more about the life of political blogger Yang Hengjun who’s just gone missing, and wonders if there are any longer any limits to the disappearances of lawyers and activists across China.
- And finally, here’s why America no longer gets Asia, says Evan A. Feigenbaum from the Council on Foreign Relations.