Photo by Jeff Davis.
A few links to start off your day:
- Beijing’s largest house church, the Shouwang Church, had about 100 people detained by police, during an outdoor Sunday service yesterday. Church leaders had called for the outdoor service after the congregation was evicted from its previous location due to pressure by authorities.
- Unhappy with a new report presented by Hillary Clinton on the state of human rights around the world, China has decided to release its own report on human rights in the United States.
- The Shanghai Blood Administration Office is appealing for more Caucasian people with RH negative blood, which is rare among Asians, to donate their blood.
- Another 27 trees have been illegally chopped off, this time along Caobao Road, apparently by some property management company.
- More on Bob Dylan’s China gig — Jeremiah Jenne slams Maureen Dowd’s “moronic piece” while Adam Minter wonders about the “striking apocalyptic Christian imagery” with which Dylan started his Beijing and Shanghai shows.