For all you petrol-heads out there, this April sees the return of the Shanghai Auto Show, and it’s looking to be a wheely good one with several premiers and world launches to get us geared up and raring to go.
- Audi has revealed only sketches of its Q3 ‘baby’ SUV model, it’s new compact crossover, and will also present the long-wheelbase version of the Audi A8L.
- BYD will also launch a SUV with the mighty BYDS6 complete with a mega 2.0L and a 2.4L engine.
- BMW has released the first images of the new Concept M5 ahead of its debut here in Shanghai with a roaring V8 engine.
- Mercedes-Benz revealed their latest concept A-Class, a stylish hatchback design, and another world debut here in Shanghai.
- Volkswagen are set unveil a sportier more retro Beetle with a rumoured Shanghai debut ahead of the New York auto show.
- Changan and its partner Ford will be wheeling out four new vehicles including the new Voss and C-MAX concept minivans
- …and Nissan are set to bring us a new version of their recent hit the Tiida.
- Peugeot has promised its 508 and a presentation of its cutting edge concept car, 100% designed in China. It also announced ambitious plans to bring one new car to China each year.
As the automobile industry tries to keep up with the green energy craze we’re set to see plenty of new energy vehicles being showcased:
- BMW are reportedly treating Shanghai to a world debut of their new concept plug-in hybrid luxury sedan labelled a “new energy car” for China, a joint venture with Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd.
- Brilliance are also showcasing a second concept with an electric MPV.
- SAIC is looking to showcase three new energy vehicles.
The auto show runs from April 23rd to April 28th.