Photo by dbmboise.
A few links to start off your day:
- Lewis Hamilton wins the Chinese grand prix in Shanghai. Sebastian Vettel was second. Mark Webber finishes third.
- Auto Shanghai, China’s biggest car show, opens Tuesday.
- Hong Kong actor Max Mok has been detained in Beijing for alleged drug abuse.
- Adrienne Mong of NBC offers an inside look at the team behind Next Media Animation.
- Journalist Fang Kecheng has an excellent piece in the Southern Weekly on diploma mills in China deceiving international students.
- Gordon Chang, probably one of the most well-known China naysayers around, asks, “Is the People’s Bank of China insolvent?”
- Another 50 members of Beijing’s Shouwang Church were detained yesterday for trying again to hold open-air services.