View of the Xuhui Binjiang from atop a crane. Sent in by an anonymous Shanghaiist reader.
- Shanghai’s first scheduled Airbus A380 service, Emirates flight EK302, touched down at Pudong airport yesterday afternoon.
- Prominent Chinese rockstar Zuoxiao Zuzhou and his wife, Xiao Li, both good friends of Ai Weiwei, have apparently been stopped by airport officials in Shanghai and have been out of touch since then.
- In the works: further expansion at Shanghai’s Yangshan Deep Water Port.
- City Weekend’s new LGBT columnist Adam Frost wonders about the future of Shanghai’s gay scene.
- CNNGo catches up with the masterminds behind Xinchejian, Shanghai’s very first “hackerspace”.