Photo by Charlie Xia
- Shanghai women are less willing to pop babies out all by themselves. More and more of them are undergoing cesareans, to be precise 53.6 percent of all local pregnant women. Now Shanghai’s health authority and local hospitals are seeking to reduce this rate.
- Talking about babies, well, children really: Local elementary schools now need to adapt to the growing numbers of non-local pupils, mostly migrant workers’ children.
- Did you know that cellphone usage costs 6 times more in Shanghai than it does in Hong Kong?!
- Scared of Fukushima? Maybe you should be more scared of that Chinese-brand mp3 player you own. Those things and electronic dictionaries on sale in Shanghai stores were found to emit excessive levels of radiation, a local trade watchdog said yesterday.
- CNNGo has some after-hour bar tips for the night owls who can’t stop partying, even when the sun already rises.