Photo by Jason B K.
A few links to start off your day:
- Major embarrassment: Rare artefacts from a Hong Kong museum valued at a grand total of 10 million RMB have been stolen from the Forbidden City.
- Taiwan’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Shen Lyu-shun has said the Taiwanese government is opposed to the “Taiwan, China” label used sometimes by the UN and other international bodies.
- A South Korean Bible instructor and his wife have been detained by police in Weishi, Henan following a raid on an underground church there.
- Volkswagen is entering a joint venture with Chinese automaker FAW to manufacture electric vehicles under a new brand, Kaili.
- Latest statistics just in: the Chinese car market is down for the first time in 27 months.