Photo by Fraser Smith.
A few links to start off your day:
- The People’s Daily slams “Western media” for its “arrogance” in its coverage of the recent Singapore general elections.
- China is facing its worst energy crunch in years and even Shanghai may face power cuts this summer.
- Whiskey is taking off in China like never before, reports Reuters.
- People with HIV/AIDS in China are routinely denied medical treatment in hospitals due to fear and ignorance about the disease, according to the United Nations’ International Labor Organization (ILO).
- Chinese tourists may be allowed to travel to Taiwan independently as early as next month, but the number will be capped at 500 a day.
- Is Pakistan Prime Minister Gilani trying to forge a new alliance between China, Pakistan, and Afghanistan to counter US influence in the region?