Photo from Xinhua.
A few links to start off your day:
- Explosion at a Foxconn plant leaves two dead and halts Ipad and other consumer electronics production.
- Jimmy Lai, creator of those bizarre animated news re-enactments, talks about his innovative vision for the news.
- NYC dissidents are accusing Baidu of censoring and restricting their website content. Will these people get the trial they want?
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS has withdrawn its aid to China over suspicions of its misuse by the government.
- Just FYI: “Tibet is “an inseparable part of China” and “its fate has always been closely linked with that of the motherland,” said China’s top political advisor, Jia Qinglin, at a symposium marking the 60th anniversary of Tibet’s peaceful liberation on Monday.”
- Some of those companies who help Chinese kids go over to the U.S. for college are not as great as they would seem.