Photo by Peijin Chen.
Here’s what’s happening around Shanghai:
- Taiwan singer A-mei is in town to promote her latest album.
- Ushi.cn, has big plans to be China’s answer to LinkedIn.
- The much-hated tourist trains on Nanjing East Road are going to be replaced by better, greener alternatives.
- Shanghai has just experienced its longest dry spell in 138 years since the turn of the year.
- This may explain why people in Shanghai are such poor drivers — the driving schools have been actively seeking bribes to help people pass their driving exams!
- Disney products have been found among the 10% of children’s clothes, shoes and toys that failed quality inspection tests recently.
- Hah: The loan-an-umbrella programme started by the Shanghai Metro may be discontinued as the return rate is just slightly above 50%.
- New home supply has soared to the highest in five months.