Photo by dingadingdang.
A few more links before the close of the day:
- Tiananmen mothers say the Chinese government has raised the possibility of compensation for their children killed in the pro-democracy student protests of 1989, but no formal apology has been offered.
- Is there a “Kungfu Panda 2” backlash in China? asks Kristie Lu Stout of CNN.
- Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu (don’t we just love her) has warned unnamed foreign conspirators against sowing further unrest in Inner Mongolia after protests by ethnic Mongolians against the hit-and-run death of a herder triggered a partial lockdown of the province.
- 500 people recently attended a staging of the Vagina Monologues in Mandarin by a group of feminist students at the Fudan University.
- More and more fresh graduates from Europe and the United States are coming to China for their first work experience.