Photo by HeyItsWilliam.
A few links to start off your day:
- Coca-Cola is planning to list on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- China has handed down its first ‘Jasmine’ sentence on 47-year-old Chengdu legal rights activist Li Shuangde.
- Vietnamese officials say Chinese boats deliberately severed the cable of one of its survey ships in its waters, violating Vietnam’s sovereignty.
- The Philippines is also asking the Chinese embassy about reports of activity by Chinese ships on reefs claimed by Manila in the South China Sea.
- Wages are surging across China, and companies are looking to other Asian countries for alternatives.
- Are Chinese fayuan courts? asks the Chinese Law Prof.
- The restive Inner Mongolia province has embarked on an overhaul of its mining sector to quell ethnic Mongol charges over resource exploitation.
- International Monetary Fund candidate Christine Lagarde has plans to visit China and India next week.