Photo by Peijin Chen.
Here’s what’s happening around Shanghai:
- Just in time for the Dragon Boat Festival, CNNGo tells us where to find Shanghai’s best zongzi, or rice dumplings.
- Hainan Airlines plans to develop Shanghai as a hub from which to launch more international flights.
- The Shanghai Food and Drug Administration has seized a large batch of fruit and vegetable juice from Taiwan suspected of containing a cancer-causing additive.
- Two men were killed and another injured during a six-men brawl over adultery allegations at a barber shop in Baoshan.
- Traffic police have seized an unlicensed ambulance which, according to Shanghai Daily, “looked like a normal hospital vehicle but supplied its patients with industrial oxygen, a gas banned for medical use”. Yikes.