All the top stories from the last seven days:
- We saw North Korea release its own “Global Happiness Index”, putting China in first place and America dead last. And the DPRK? 98 out of 100 happiness points!
- It was Children’s Day this week! Check out photos of Grandpa Wen ballin’ with the kids.
- We wondered how this high schooler in Anhui province ever got the idea to trade his kidney for an iPad2. What an idiot.
- There were some crazy photos in the news this week! Both romance problems and a traffic accident turned into violent hostage situations. Then there was the highway in Changchun that swallowed a truck, and the masked vigilante woman in Hong Kong who started handing out money and instant noodles to the poor! We also showed you the new glitzy bullet trains from Shanghai to Beijing and some cool shots of Shanghai in the 1980s.
- This week, the Chengdu Zoo directed, hands down, the best tiger escape drill EVER.
- We were pretty amazed that China now has over one million millionaires, but even more amazed by the millionaire concentration numbers from Singapore!
- We showed you all the zany things Prince Philip of England has said about China over the years.