Photo by le niners.
A few links to start off your day:
- Eating dog in China — it’s a complex issue, says Dan Harris of the China Law Blog.
- Yuck. 20 tonnes of chemicals have been spilled into the Xin’an River, a major source of drinking water for east China’s Zhejiang Province, affecting water supply to over half a million living around Hangzhou.
- Today in demographic megatrends: The fall in student numbers is hitting Chinese universities hard.
- Wow. Starwood Hotels says its moving its top executives to China for a month. You don’t see many other MNCs doing that.
- China has accused Google of “political gaming” after the latter released a report saying Chinese hackers were targeting efforts at influential users of Gmail.
- Craig Stephens of MarketWatch comments on the perils of flaunting the China luxury-goods story.